Mark 10:27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
***
***
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
***
Psalm 34:4 I sought the Lord, and HE heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
(Comments from Cathy Varner, member of the body of Christ)
I have been dealing with a pain in my head that comes and goes. Not like a regular headache and always in the same spot. I messaged my doctor about it a while ago and she said if it continued or got worse, to make an appointment to see her. Then it went away and I had no pain for awhile. But recently the pain started coming again. I finally decided to have it checked out. I was fearful of what might be causing it …. like something that might require surgery having to open my skull.
I kept praying, committing the fears to God, asking that it not be serious and not have to require surgery on my skull. I also asked that no unnecessary tests be done. I thought I’d probably have to have an MRI, CAT scan, something like that. And to give the doctor wisdom in dealing with it. My doctor thought it was probably muscle spasms, muscles that are outside of the skull, nothing inside my brain. What a relief!
I kept praying, committing the fears to God, asking that it not be serious and not have to require surgery on my skull. I also asked that no unnecessary tests be done. I thought I’d probably have to have an MRI, CAT scan, something like that. And to give the doctor wisdom in dealing with it. My doctor thought it was probably muscle spasms, muscles that are outside of the skull, nothing inside my brain. What a relief!
(Comments from Pam Padgett, member of the body of Christ)
As I read what Cathy went through with the head pain and turned to God for help, it reminded me of how fortunate we are, having promises from God that HE will help us when we turn to HIM.
And it reminded me of something that happened when I was going through chemotherapy. A week after each chemo infusion, the oncologist wanted me to come in for a short appointment. Joan Boney sometimes road in the car when I went to these short appointments and waited in the car while I went inside for the appointment. One day she commented how most people she saw coming out the door looked so "down", but that I didn't at all look like that. We both knew it was because of the help God was giving me. I really can't imagine going through problems and fears without knowing we can turn to God and that HE will help us.
Also, I had to smile when I read Psalm 34:4, for it is exactly what we, who turn to God, see over and over in our lives. Fears about various things come, and we turn to God, and HE hears us, and HE has a way to help us and deliver us.
And it reminded me of something that happened when I was going through chemotherapy. A week after each chemo infusion, the oncologist wanted me to come in for a short appointment. Joan Boney sometimes road in the car when I went to these short appointments and waited in the car while I went inside for the appointment. One day she commented how most people she saw coming out the door looked so "down", but that I didn't at all look like that. We both knew it was because of the help God was giving me. I really can't imagine going through problems and fears without knowing we can turn to God and that HE will help us.
Also, I had to smile when I read Psalm 34:4, for it is exactly what we, who turn to God, see over and over in our lives. Fears about various things come, and we turn to God, and HE hears us, and HE has a way to help us and deliver us.
π₯π₯π₯π₯π₯