Barbara Preston, member of the body of Christ
Earlier this week a physical therapist come over to help me with a balance problem I am experiencing now. I was really dreading it thinking I could do this myself, and I almost cancelled it at the last minute. But I didn't. I can't say that I heard anything from God one way or another about this, but, somehow I just couldn't bring myself to cancel it.
When she got here she was pleasant and we started talking about my physical problems.
Then she asked me what made us move from Charlottesville to Virginia Beach. I knew I needed to tell her the truth, so I told her that I am a Christian and that God had persuaded me in a number of different ways that my husband and I would be needing help as we grew older and needed to be closer to two grown children who live in this area.
She became excited and said she was a Christian also and how wonderful this was that God had done this, especially since I have become ill. And what a blessing this was.
We talked about God and how HE supplies all our needs. I found it really lifted my spirits. It was like a breath of fresh air and I am so glad I didn't cancel the appointment. Plus I think she probably did give me some exercises to do that could improve my unsteadiness.
When she got here she was pleasant and we started talking about my physical problems.
Then she asked me what made us move from Charlottesville to Virginia Beach. I knew I needed to tell her the truth, so I told her that I am a Christian and that God had persuaded me in a number of different ways that my husband and I would be needing help as we grew older and needed to be closer to two grown children who live in this area.
She became excited and said she was a Christian also and how wonderful this was that God had done this, especially since I have become ill. And what a blessing this was.
We talked about God and how HE supplies all our needs. I found it really lifted my spirits. It was like a breath of fresh air and I am so glad I didn't cancel the appointment. Plus I think she probably did give me some exercises to do that could improve my unsteadiness.
(Comments from Pam Padgett, member of the body of Christ)
Getting to share with another person who really seems to understanding and appreciate things of God is a joy and great help for me as well.
It reminds me of a scripture that was shared recently ...
Malachi 3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before HIM for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon HIS name.
It reminds me of a scripture that was shared recently ...
Malachi 3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before HIM for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon HIS name.
π₯π₯π₯π₯π₯