Barbara Preston, member of the body of Christ
One day recently, for some reason, I found myself thinking about babies and remembered something that happened about 15 years before I was born again.
I had put my infant daughter in her bassinet in the bedroom while I was in the kitchen, starting to work on dinner.
As I was doing this, the following thought kept coming to me ... Go check on Amy ... go check on Amy.
So I stopped what I was doing and went back to where she was and was shocked to see that she had done something that I had never seen her do before. She had grabbed hold of the material covering the bassinet with her little fists and somehow managed to pull it completely over her face.
Of course, it scared me when I saw this and thought that she might have suffocated if I hadn't been warned to go and check on her.
At that time in my life, I had no relationship with God so I wasn't sure why this had occurred, as it had.
But after I was born again, much later in my life, I knew it was the mercy of God, shown to both me and my daughter and I have never forgotten it.
I had put my infant daughter in her bassinet in the bedroom while I was in the kitchen, starting to work on dinner.
As I was doing this, the following thought kept coming to me ... Go check on Amy ... go check on Amy.
So I stopped what I was doing and went back to where she was and was shocked to see that she had done something that I had never seen her do before. She had grabbed hold of the material covering the bassinet with her little fists and somehow managed to pull it completely over her face.
Of course, it scared me when I saw this and thought that she might have suffocated if I hadn't been warned to go and check on her.
At that time in my life, I had no relationship with God so I wasn't sure why this had occurred, as it had.
But after I was born again, much later in my life, I knew it was the mercy of God, shown to both me and my daughter and I have never forgotten it.
π₯π₯π₯π₯π₯