Saturday, September 30, 2017

Settling of disputes


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

About 10 years ago, a neighbor became angry with me.  I tried to resolve it at the time it happened but she said she was not interested when I called to apologized  and she hung up phone.

A few years later, another accidental secular matter happened.  I ordered a load of firewood and the delivery man became confused and took the wood to her house and parked in her driveway.  She was very annoyed and expressed such.

I was going to write and apologize but I heard a scripture which caused me to change direction.

Matthew 15:14 ... Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

So I let her alone ... doing nothing.

A few more years passed.  One day at grocery, I was in the electric cart and driving down asile and there she was coming toward me.  She walked passed without speaking and I didn't speak.  She looked straight forward and kept a smile on her face.

I felt terrible about this.

I prayed on and off for two days, each time I would recall what happened.

I was really disgusted with both of us for acting this way.

This ought not to be.

The second day after this happened, I was trying to edit some scripture for the blog and I just stopped.  "How can I do this work with this situation unresolved with this neighbor?"

I sat and prayed.

I was reminded of this scripture:

Proverbs 13:10    Only by pride cometh contention:

I reviewed the situation.  I had no doubt that I, too, was wrong, acting in pride.

I got up immediately and went to her house to apologize.

She was at her mailbox.  I called her name and she looked up.  I began telling her this scripture and how I knew I had pride and was sorry.

She began to talk about seeing me at grocery and after she passed me she said she thought, "I think that was Joan."  I had thought the exact same thing about her.

She began telling me about her sister who had died.  She talked about all the physical problems she has been having.  She was friendly.

I told her if she ever needed me to take her to her eye surgery, to let me know, for she mentioned a very fearful time she went there and had to try to drive home.

I told her I hoped things go well for her in future and I came home.

I was so happy to finally have this matter put to death, freeing both of us.

At the time I saw her in grocery, I thought, "If I had only gone down another aisle it might not have happened."

But I seemed to know it was supposed to happen.
  And it turned out to be the incident that allowed the problem to be resolved.

Romans 8:28    And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to HIS purpose.



*****