Monday, December 18, 2023

Podcast: When Pam's great-aunt Eunice was born again in her latter years after being a long time Baptist

 
 
 
This is a story of Pam Padgett's long time Baptist relative, aunt Eunice.

Pam says:
 
Several years ago my Dad's relatives arranged a family reunion.  My Dad and 2 sisters came from Oklahoma to Colorado to attend the reunion, and I went with them.  
 
Among the many relatives, my great-aunt Eunice, who was probably in her 80's, was there.  Aunt Eunice was a long-time Baptist.  
 
During the reunion, Aunt Eunice got up and, very excitedly, announced to everyone that she had recently been born again!  
 
As Aunt Eunice went on talking about this, her eldest daughter, Anita, who happened to be sitting next to me, leaned over to me and said that her mother had just recently started saying these things and that she didn't know why her mother doing this.  She said that everyone knows her mother has always been a Christian, working at the church often, cleaning and doing whatever needed to be done.  
 
Anita was clearly very puzzled, and maybe even a little concerned, that her mother had begun saying that she had recently been born again.   But I was joyful hearing what Aunt Eunice said!  

In the car on the way back to my house, I said to my Dad and sisters, "Wasn't what Aunt Eunice said wonderful?"  
 
My Dad said, "What was that?"  Neither of my sisters seemed to know what I was talking about either.   
 
I told them that Aunt Eunice had announced that she was recently born again.  None of them showed any interest in this and went on talking about other things.  At that time, none of them were born again. 

I Corinthians 2:14   But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

(My Dad was born again some years later, and I've had a dream that causes me to believe one my sisters will at some point be born again, for in the dream this sister showed understanding of the following scripture:)
 
I Peter 5:8-9  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 
Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. 

Jesus said:

John 3:3  Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

(Things of the kingdom of God cannot be understood unless you are born again.)


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯