Tuesday, December 19, 2023

πŸ’₯ Dealing with depression, dread, sadness


(Comments by Joan Boney)

Christmas is approaching!  Often that gives opening for many fleshly problems, especially for real Christians.

The word, "Christmas", is not in the Bible.

All this celebration is fleshly and set up by humans and often leads to fear, dread, covetousness and many words not of God.

If you plan to participate, you will likely have many opportunities to enter into sin with your flattering words of praise to family and friends to make them feel good and to approve them, even when some are doing evil.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I'm 86-years-old now.  Most of the people I knew are dead.  

Christmas is not usually a problem for me.

Recently I foolishly called a Baptist woman with whom I went to high school with and talked for a good while by phone.  

She began immediately telling me what a good body her dead husband, Jerry had.  She just kept trying to speak of his body.  I finally got the subject changed.

The subject of politics came up.  She was the most political person I've ever known but last time I spoke with her she said, "There's no hope in politics."  I rejoiced for I thought she had seen how futile it is to follow after politics.

But this phone call seemed to show me she has gone back into her politics.  I finally got the subject changed.

Then the subject of worsening sins of this present time came up.

That is what the Bible says will happen.  Paul says:  2 Timothy 3  This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

(I find they often go to church but deny the power of the scripture to rule over their lives.)

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

13  But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of WHOM thou hast learned them; (God has taught us HIS truth.)

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I told this Baptist woman that when they show their sin to me, I speak scripture to them showing them the way of God.

She replied:  "It won't do any good for they won't do it!"

I was shocked she said this.  I said, "I'm going to speak scripture anyway."

(At least 3 times she said the same thing.  "It won't do any good for they won't do it.")

By the time the phone called ended, I found I was sad and depressed, and not for just that day but this continued with me on and off for more than a week.

I Corinthians 15

33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I found I had to fight to continue the work God has given me in writing blog and recording podcasts.

I had to fight from being grumpy with others.  I am usually happy and joyous in God when I speak with other people, for all the work God has done in me in changing me from this world and it's goals.

I was getting worse and worse daily though I cried out to God for help.

Last night I even sent our little church group an email telling them what I was going though.

Then this morning I awoke hearing scriptures pertaining to spiritual warfare and I knew God wanted me to begin writing about spiritual warfare and giving those scriptures which teach us how to deal with spiritual warfare.

Yesterday I was reminded of this scripture:

2 Corinthians 10

3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

(The world often tries to escape problems or depression by cleaning out closets; going shopping; talking to friends and telling them their troubles; or going to bars and drinking to manage to forget. But these are not our ways as Christians.)

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

This Baptist woman told me it will do no good to speak the word of God to the disobedient.

Paul told Timothy the following: 

2 Timothy 4 

1  I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at HIS appearing and HIS kingdom;

2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The devil speaks lies.  Jesus says there is no truth in him.  This Baptist woman took in lies of the devil and spoke them to me.  I said I would speak Bible anyway.

What we should do is what Paul said to Timothy:  Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

We do this as long as they choose to come around us.  Speak the truth of God, showing the way of God.

This is what I have done for the past 48 years and purpose to do as long as God leaves me on this present earth.

The iniquity of the last days will destroy many, even those who profess Jesus to be Lord.  They will take in lies of the devil that, "There is no use."  They will stop speaking truth of the Holy Spirit because of the disobedience around them.  We must not yield ourselves to devils or allow devils to win over us.

Revelation 3  (Jesus said to the church)

2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with ME in white: for they are worthy.

5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before MY Father, and before HIS angels.

6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.



πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯