Thursday, May 17, 2012

Physical problems

Renee Bonfield ... evangelist

I am 77 years old and have been suffering from Fibromyalgia which is an extremely painful muscle disease. I was taking steroids for a few years. I had to stop taking the steroids as they gave me Diabetes. I tried many different pain med-ications which either didn't work or had terrible side effects. Finally for about a year now I've been taking Savella, a mild pain medication. This helped a little bit, also with taking Tylenol. Then last week I only had to tablets of Savella left. When I went to my pharmacy I was told the medication would be in the next day. The next day, no medication. I was told that their shipment never arrived and I would have to wait until Monday to receive it. Finally it was there yesterday.
All through the weekend I was wondering how I was going to get through the weekend without the Savella. In the past the pain all over me was so intense that all I could do is sit in my recliner or lie down and pray, always asking God for His mercy. I did not take this medication when it came in, and as God is my witness, I have not suffered one minutes pain since. I think I'm still in shock at the miraculous healing I received. I've been thanking God all day. I just can't believe that so many blessings have come to me. Praise God Almighty. and my beloved Jesus.
There is a wonderful line of a song from "Fiddler on the Roof," which goes Wonder of wonders, Miracle of Miracles, God came and took me by the hand.


-----------

Cathy Varner ... member of body of Christ


This reminds me of something similar that happened to me several years ago.  I had developed a "skin tag" on my back.  Just a hanging little piece of skin, but larger and more annoying than others I've had.  It would hurt when my clothing would rub against it so I began having a bandaid on it constantly.  My husband would suggest having it removed by doctor, but that did not appeal to me.  It didn't cause me that much trouble and I hate going to doctors and having procedures done.

But one day I turned in bed and it hurt more than usual and I decided to go ahead and have it removed.  My husband had made an appointment for our daughter to see dermatologist and I would go same time.  One night I was praying about this appointment, various things not even having to do with the physical problem.  Then I added something like.....it would be even better if I didn't have to go at all.  

The next morning after my shower I looked in mirror to see if the bandaid was still there, and to my shock and delight, the bandaid and skin tag were completely gone.  No scar, no bleeding.