Tuesday, May 15, 2012

To dwell in house of the Lord

Pam Padgett ... teacher

Psalm 27: 4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.
 
While thinking about inquiring of God, I recalled something that happened last fall.  I had been unhappy in my job for several months and had been praying about the various problems and asking God what to do.  I had also looked into other jobs, both at FedEx and in other companies, but found nothing. 
 
Then one Saturday as I was reading in the Bible, the following stood out to me strongly …
Micah 2: 10 Arise ye, and depart; for this is not your rest: because it is polluted, it shall destroy you, even with a sore destruction.
 
I thought God was telling me to leave my job.  However, since this would be such a big move, I asked Him to please confirm this to me in some way. 
 
Monday toward the end of the workday, although everything seemed about the same as on previous days, I recognized anger rising up in me.  When I got home the anger continued to grow.  I don’t recall ever having anger like this … it was like the anger was consuming me, but there was no apparent reason for the anger.  I called out to God to help me.  I told God I didn’t have any idea what I was angry about and that I really needed Him to help me.  This went on for a couple hours.  Then, finally, the anger was gone.    
 
I turned to God and asked what had happened, and was reminded of the last part of Micah 2:10 …  because it is polluted, it shall destroy you, even with a sore destruction.  I believe God was showing me a glimpse of the destruction spoken of in this verse, confirming that I was to leave my job.  I immediately started the retirement process. 
 
We are so blessed to be able to ask God, who is all-powerful and all-knowing, what we should do.  Then, when we believe we have heard His will in the matter, we can move forward immediately, knowing that we are being led by God.