Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Podcast: I am a companion of all that fear THEE (Psalm 119:63)

 
 
 
 
Several years ago, I came across a church woman who turned to God when there was a problem in her life.  She heard from God and did what God said about the issue and "overcame" the issue through what God told her.  Sometimes she would share with me what had happened after the problem was solved.

This is the type of church person with whom I want to have as a companion.

James 1:5   If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

To each of the 7 churches in the book of Revelation, Jesus said the following:

* Revelation 2:7  to the church at Ephesus:  To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

* Revelation 2:11  to the church at Smyrna:  He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

* Revelation 2:17  to the church at Pergomas:  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

* Revelation 2:26-28  to the church at Thyatria:  And he that overcometh, and keepeth MY works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of MY Father.  And I will give him the morning star.

* Revelation 3:5  to the church at Sardis:  He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before MY Father, and before HIS angels.

* Revelation 3:12 to the church at Philadelphia: Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of MY God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of MY God, and the name of the city of MY God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from MY God: and I will write upon him MY new name.

* Revelation 3:21  to the church of the Laodiceans: To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with ME in MY throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in HIS throne.

To each church, Jesus says:  "To him that overcomes."

Each of us overcome by turning to God in prayer and by asking God to help us and guide us in what we should do in the situation. And then after we hear from God, we diligently do that which we hear to do. And we overcome by doing that Word which is given to us by God.

And this shows a fear of the Lord, and these are the ones with whom I choose to be a companion for they will turn to God and hear from God and follow God by HIS Word.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯