Thursday, February 25, 2021

* Life is as a vapor.


(Comments by Joan Boney)

Recently I was thinking of someone who was my very best friend and then all of a sudden we disappeared from each other lives.

It seemed so strange as I thought about it.  I just never thought of her again for the next 30 years or so.  (I suspect she had a similar experience where I was concerned for I never heard from her.)

What is this like?  And as I thought on this I realized her life to me was as a vapor.  

And I recalled the following scripture:

James 4

13 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:

14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.


***

What is important?

Following that which God shows us day by day, doing that, focusing on that Word given us by the Spirit of God.

Matthew 24:35 Jesus says:

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but MY words shall not pass away.


*****