Wednesday, June 19, 2019

* God speaks to us through dreams.


Joan Boney … apostle/prophet

Job 33:14-18   For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.

In a dream
, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;  Then HE
(God) openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,  That HE may withdraw man from his purpose (from his own purpose), and hide pride from man.

HE (God) keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.


***

Dreams are often used by God to turn us another direction into safety.

The Word of God in a dream is as much The Word of God as in a scripture.

(You must interpret the dream correctly by the Spirit of God but you must also interpret scripture through the Spirit of God.)


***

In 1982, God gave me a dream to show me I was in great danger from the church people.

At that time, I was on radio from coast-to-coast in USA.  I would go into cities where I was on radio and have meetings for the radio audience.

At first, this was fine.  I was speaking messages given me by God concerning dealing with destructive thoughts, taking thoughts captive, following God by HIS Spirit.  These were very popular with the churches in the cities where I was on radio.

Then God said to me:  

*  The foundation is laid, now we're really going to move!

*  The time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God.

God showed me sins being committed by various big-time ministers.  (Jim Bakker, Jimmy Swaggart, Kenneth Copeland)  I tried to get the message to them by mail but when that was impossible, due to their procedure of filtering their mail, I was persuaded, I believe by God, to give these messages on my radio broadcasts, naming the minister by name.  Then the message reached these ministers!

Great persecution began against me by the followers of these ministers.

God gave me the following dream in 1982.

Texas was playing North Texas in football.  (an extreme mismatch with Texas being the far bigger opponent.)  There was a very skillful running back now playing for North Texas.  He had once played for Texas but had switched sides.  They lined up for the snap.  It was obvious this running back would be crushed by Texas.  As the ball was snapped, I heard the following:  "Don't go until you see Exodus 15."

I awoke from the dream.  It was obvious to me that God was showing me I was in danger.

I was also reminded of the following scripture.

Jesus said:  

John 16:1-3   These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.

They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor ME.


***

Immediately upon receiving this dream and hearing this scripture, I cancelled the remainder of my meetings that were scheduled for 1982.

(I continued to record radio broadcasts.)

A woman in our church group, at that time, said to me:  "Joan … you can't do this … you have to go out.  If you go out they will give money.  If you don't go out you will lose money."

I replied:  "God said, 'Don't go'.  I'm not going."

(I did not go out.  I did lose much money.  God provided all the money I needed in spite of not going out.)


***

There are many examples in Bible of God using dreams to cause people to go a certain way.

Matthew 1:18-21    Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily.

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call HIS name Jesus: for HE shall save HIS people from their sins.
 

24-25  Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

***
Matthew 2:11-12  And when they (the wise men) were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped HIM: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto HIM gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh. And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.
***

Matthew 2:13-15    And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.
When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt: And was there until the death of Herod:


***

Matthew 2:19-21  
  But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child's life.

And he arose, and took the young child and his mother, and came into the land of Israel.


***

Matthew 2:22-23  But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judaea in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither: notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee: And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.


***

I know of a woman who was told in a dream that her grandson was killed on a motorcycle.

She was very frightened and warned her daughter and grandson (college aged).  They promised the grandson would give up the motorcycle.

But he kept riding and was killed later on motorcycle.


***

Shortly before my mother died, I had a dream showing me I needed to get out of my house but I couldn't go through my cousin's house.

My mother died and my cousin tried to get me to move to the city where she lived with husband and two adult sons nearby.  She said, "The boys can be such help to us."

Because of the dream, I did not move there but chose another city in the opposite direction to the place my cousin lived.

(A few years later my cousin's husband died.  My cousin had to threaten her son to get him to come to her house to change a light bulb.  She told him if he did come to do this, she would get on ladder and do it.  She was partially crippled at that time.  Later my cousin died.)


***

A year before my mother died, God gave me a dream.  I was building a house.  I saw the exact lot upon which I was building.  

In 2002,  after my mother died. I decided to move to Lubbock, Texas.  The lot I bought there to build on was exactly like the lot I had seen in the dream.


***

In June, 2019, I was very strongly attacked by a woman in our church group.  She accused me of saying many very evil things to her.  I had no memory of the evil she told me I said to her.  I needed to be judged by God.  I pleaded with God for HIM to show me the situation and to judge me and to put me back on my feet, creating in me a clean heart.

That same night, God gave me a dream:  

I opened the front door of my house and was shocked to see garbage piled in front of my door.  Also there was garbage thrown all the way down the entire front of my house.  Someone had dumped their garbage at the front my house.  I would have to get someone to clean up this garbage.

When I awoke the next morning, I remembered the dream, and I felt God was showing me the garbage belonged to this woman who had accused me and also to my Church of Christ cousin who had recently attacked me implying there are no apostles in the church today and even if there were apostles today, I couldn't be an apostle because I am a woman.

What they said against me was dumping their own garbage at my front door.

God had long ago prepared me for the woman apostle attack, by showing me Deborah in the Old Testament.

Judges 4:4-5   And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time. And she dwelt under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in mount Ephraim: and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.

Although there are no apostles in the OT, the prophets in OT did the judgments as apostles do in the NT.  Here was Deborah, a woman, judging Israel.


***

God had shown me the work of apostle by taking me to Acts 15 … the apostles and elders came together to discuss an issue that had come to question in church doctrine.  (Did the Gentiles have to be circumcised.)  This issue was hotly debated.  Peter spoke and gave scripture and declared his judgment in the matter.  So did Paul and Barnabas.  Then James spoke and rendered his "sentence".

New Testament apostles deal with problems of doctrine … such as divorce/remarriage … and present scripture and try to persuade individuals to go by the scriptures.


***

I was able to sustain both attacks, and continue in the work God had shown me to do in the ministry, by focusing on scriptures given to me by the Holy Spirit, and dreams, and prophecies given me in the past years.

I kept these before me day and night for several days and focused on what God said to me rather than allowing myself to think of those accusations spoken by the woman in our church group and by my cousin.

Joshua 1:8   This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.


*****