Wednesday, March 8, 2017

* Psalm 9 (Excerpts)

I will praise THEE, O Lord, with my whole heart;
 

I will shew forth all THY marvellous works.
 

I will be glad and rejoice in THEE:
I will sing praise to THY name, O thou most High.
 

*****

When mine enemies are turned back,
they shall fall and perish at THY presence.
 

For THOU hast maintained my right and my cause;

THOU satest in the throne judging right.

*****

But the Lord shall endure for ever:
HE hath prepared HIS throne for judgment. 
And HE shall judge the world in righteousness,
HE shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.
 

*****

The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed,
a refuge in times of trouble.


 Refuge:  
   - shelter or protection from danger, trouble, distress, unhappiness
   - state of safety
   - shelter from pursuit 


And they that know THY NAME will put their trust in THEE:
for THOU, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek THEE.

 

Sing praises to the Lord, which dwelleth in Zion:


declare among the people HIS doings.
 

*****

HE forgetteth not the cry of the humble.
 

Have mercy upon me, O Lord;
consider my trouble which I suffer of them that hate me,


THOU that liftest me up from the gates of death:
That I may shew forth all THY praise
in the gates of the daughter of Zion:


I will rejoice in THY salvation.

The heathen are sunk down in the pit that they made:
in the net which they hid is their own foot taken.
 

The Lord is known by the judgment which HE executeth:
the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands.
 

*****
 
For the needy shall not alway be forgotten:
the expectation of the poor shall not perish for ever.
 

Arise, O Lord; let not man prevail:
let the heathen be judged in THY sight.
Put them in fear, O Lord:
that the nations may know themselves to be but men.