Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Establlishing the word of God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently I was talking to Pam Padgett and I told her how much it meant to me when she wrote a story of how she was at work at Fed Ex the day the planes crashed into World Trade Centers and how she would have been afraid except for fact that God had shown me this in dreams and I had shared those dreams with church.  That caused her not to be afraid.

I had wondered why God would have given me those dreams and now I saw one reason.  When we know something is coming this way, then we are not as shocked as the people of the world for God has shown us this will happen.

For example:  The day will come when the sky turns completely black and the heavens start passing away.  The world will have no idea what is happening.  But we, who are of God, will know if we know Bible for God tells us in Bible this will happen.  II Peter 3 ... the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.


We don't worry about such things as the world.  They worry about "Greenhouse effect" ... they worry about ozone layer.  I don't even know what these things are but I do know how the earth will be destroyed and it will not be by man but by God.  (By Bible we also know God will not destroy earth by rain.  Gen. 8-9)

So I saw, after Pam told her Fed Ex story, that when God shows us something and we share it, that story can help others in body of Christ to not be afraid.

After sharing with Pam the connection I made because of her story, she was bewildered and said:  "But I've told that story before."

As I thought about this, I was reminded of the following words spoken by the apostle Paul.

II Cor. 13:1 ...This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

Paul said as he told the story two or three times, every word will be established.

We follow the Holy Spirit by speaking that which God calls to our mind.

When I am reminded of something, I try to speak it or write it.  I don't care if I've told it before.  The repetition of the word of God causes it to be "established" in our hearts.

Joshua 1:8 ... This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.


By keeping that word or scripture spoken by Holy Spirit in front of us day and night for a season we have a type of strength develop inside us which enables us to "do according to all that is written therein".