Friday, September 21, 2018

God rules!


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

It helps so much to understand that God is in control.

People can get stirred up over things that are unimportant.  And if we allow this, we, too, can lose peace and joy when the situation isn't at all important.

To understand that God rules.  God brings thoughts to turn men from some of those things that could hurt us.  I can really see how God rules over "kings", over rulers of governments of men.

Proverbs 21:1   The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: HE turneth it whithersoever HE will.

Psalm 47:8    God reigneth over the heathen:

God rules, even when it seems out of control.

God also has HIS instruments of destruction.  God judged the "chosen people" by raising up the king of Babylon to take the nation of Israel into captivity for 70 years.

God put a lying spirit in the mouth of the prophets of Ahab so Ahab would go to war and get killed.


***

I often look at CNN International on my Kindle.  It is headlines of happenings and if you want details you can click on the story for the full report.  I don't often click on the stories.  But I notice much disputing concerning people and President Trump.  There seem to be very serious problems.

But I also remember the instruction in Bible telling us to pray for rulers and those in authority that we might live in peace.

I Timothy 2:1-4   I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 

***


I pray for God to guide the president and rulers in decisions which would really affect our ability to live in peace.  For I know many of the "squabbles" don't really matter and are just news events .

So when I see the troubling headlines about rulers, I often remember to pray for God to intervene.

God often does this by bringing something to the ruler's mind to turn him in another direction.

The ruler might not listen to any other human, but he will think the idea that came into his mind was his own idea and will often decide to do that idea. 

Regardless, I know God rules and God will help me as long as HE chooses to leave me on this earth, so I don't have to fret myself over news headlines as most people do.


*****