Friday, October 28, 2016

When we belong to God, even our "failures" work to good ... according to God's purpose


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Romans 8:28 ... the apostle Paul says ... And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to HIS purpose.

Even in secular matters, I have seen this happen ... things planned didn't go as planned but they ended up working out even better than I planned.

I replaced a sofa in my theatre room.  A young man who was doing some work for me said he would come the next day and carry the old sofa away.  But he didn't show up the next day!   I didn't think much about this because people frequently tell me they will do something and then fail to do what they said they would do.  I forgave him.

The old sofa sat in the dining room area and I realized I really like that sofa and I might use it in my bedroom when someone comes here who is able to move it for me.

I injured my back at the end of August and it is still giving me trouble, especially if I try to sit and watch a TV program.  I frequently need to lie down and watch.  But the new sofa, ratan, has cushions that are very hard and I need to replace the foam with a softer foam.  So I have no place in theatre room to lie down.  

As I considered this, I realized the old sofa cushions might fit the ratan sofa.  They did!  They are soft foam so I can use them to lie down.

I was so glad the young man failed to pick up the old sofa.  It turned out I really needed it.

Then I remembered Romans 8:28 ...

When we belong to God, all things work out to good ... according to HIS purpose!