Thursday, September 3, 2015

Standing on the Word of God series: Example 21

From Cathy Varner 

This was a couple years ago.  My husband and I had gone out to eat.  Then he went into a nearby business for an errand...I think it had to do with a problem he was having on his cell phone.  I waited in the vehicle for him.  I thought he'd only be a few minutes, but time kept going on and on and he wasn't coming back.  It was hard to sit there and wait so long.  I carry a little pocket Bible with New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs in my purse and decided to read some from it while I waited.  I opened it up and saw this verse....(NIV Ja.1:12).  Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

Though this was a very minor "trial", this verse helped me to be more patient and not to complain when my husband finally came back.