Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Psalm 17 ... Prayers to God & Promises of God to the Church

1 Hear the right, O Lord, attend unto my cry,
give ear unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips.
2 Let my sentence come forth from thy presence;
let thine eyes behold the things that are equal.
3 Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night;
thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing;
I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.
 

4 Concerning the works of men, by the word of thy lips
I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer.
 

5 Hold up my goings in thy paths,
that my footsteps slip not.
 

6 I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God:
incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech.
 

7 Shew thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou that savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee from those that rise up against them.
 

8 Keep me as the apple of the eye,
hide me under the shadow of thy wings,
9 From the wicked that oppress me,
from my deadly enemies, who compass me about.
10 They are inclosed in their own fat:
with their mouth they speak proudly.
11 They have now compassed us in our steps:
they have set their eyes bowing down to the earth;
12 Like as a lion that is greedy of his prey,
and as it were a young lion lurking in secret places.
 

13 Arise, O Lord, disappoint him, cast him down:
deliver my soul from the wicked, which is thy sword:
14 From men which are thy hand, O Lord,
from men of the world, which have their portion in this life,
and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid treasure:

they are full of children,
and leave the rest of their substance to their babes.
 

15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness:
I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.


==========

Comments by Joan Boney ...

There are many things that would end up destroying us but often we do not recognize such.

God has HIS way of reaching us. 

After my mother died, my cousin wanted me to move to the city where she lived with her husband and two adult aged sons.  She said the men in her family were very helpful.  (Our needs would be provided by them.)

But God gave me a dream showing me I could not go out through my cousin's house.

I ended up going 350 miles the opposite direction where I knew no one.  God met my needs and still does.

Proverbs 16:25 ...There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

==========

In 1982, God gave me a dream showing me that if I went out, man would harm me.  And I heard these words, "Don't go until you see Exodus 15."

At that time, I had many meetings planned all over the United States.  I cancelled all meetings and stayed at home and recorded my radio broadcasts.

==========

Many years ago, I heard the following instruction in the form of a prophesy:

"Turn as the path turns."

Sometimes we have things planned but the path turns.  It would be foolish to go ahead when the road changed.

==========

Psalm 17 ...   Shew Thy marvellous lovingkindness, O Thou that savest by Thy right hand them which put their trust in Thee from those that rise up against them.
 

8 Keep me as the apple of the eye,
hide me under the shadow of Thy wings,
9 From the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who compass me about.


==========

Psalm 17 .. 13 deliver my soul from the wicked ... 14 from men of the world, which have their portion in this life ...

==========

Psalm 17 ...  15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness:
I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.


As we live on this earth, we are continually transformed by the Word of God into the likeness of Christ as we do HIS Word in the specific matters of this life.


Hearing from the Spirit of God and doing that which we are shown by God causes us to be formed into the image of Christ, reflecting God as if we are a mirror.

As we do this, we are "satisfied" in HIM.