Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Must not focus on reaction of man

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

We who are of God speak the Word of God.

We must not focus on the reaction of man toward what we speak.

In the first place, we might not know the reaction of man.

I Cor. 2:11 ... For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him?


When you meet a person in grocery store, you might be thinking, "What a terrible hair-do."  That person usually does not know what you are thinking, especially if you smile.  People often do not show what they really think.

So if you are considering a reaction, you might get it wrong.

At one time, I taught at a university in Dallas, SMU.  There was a young man who never showed any expression toward what I taught.  I thought he hated the class.  At the end of the semester this young man came to me and said, "Dr. Boney ... this was the most wonderful class I've ever taken."  I was shocked.

Unless God reveals what that person is thinking, we might get it wrong.

I just try to keep my own heart right and speak truth in as much as I am able to do so.  I really try to restrain myself concerning judging their reaction to my words.  I'm mostly interested anyway in what God thinks about the issue.