Thursday, December 27, 2012

Satisfied by God

Pam Padgett ... teacher

Proverbs 19:23 The fear of the Lord tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.

When we fear the Lord, we seek to know and do His will.  Recently my attention has been drawn to how God satisfies us as we follow Him and obey His word, and how different this is from those who live after the ways of this world. 

One example that stood out to me not long ago ... wisdom of this world is that it is important to have activities lined up and plans made for when one retires.  But when I retired, because of the instruction ...  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Proverbs 3:6) ... I didn't try to plan out what to do, but committed what to do to God.    It has been wonderful to see how God has led (and continues to lead) in a way that is perfect for me, far better than what I could plan and try to provide for myself.  I am very thankful to God and satisfied. 

God knows what is best for us and leads us according to His purpose for our lives. We are satisfied ... contented, fulfilled, and pleased ... when God leads us for He knows exactly what we need.

Psalm 36:7 How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. 8 They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures.   

The fear of the Lord, obeying His word, is the way that leads to life for us.  And we are satisfied as we go in this way.  I'm reminded that Jesus told us the following ...

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.