Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Podcast: We pray, but then how do we recognize the plan sent by God to us?

 
 
 

As a new Christian in 1975, God showed me the following scripture to live by:

Matthew 11:28-30   Come unto ME, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Take MY yoke upon you, and learn of ME; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

For MY yoke is easy, and MY burden is light.

easy:  simple, smooth, straightforward; not overly complicated; not above the price you are able to afford; achieved without great effort; presenting few difficulties.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I had been living the above scripture for many weeks.  I knew if something was complex and expensive, it would not be the way of God for me.  I would start re-examining the plan if it was going to put me in a financial bind to do that plan.  Always there would be another way to go about accomplishing the goal and the other way would be "easy to do" and "simple."

Another scripture I had been living for weeks:  

Isaiah 55:12    Ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace

Joy, interest, excitement ... were guides ... provided I could afford the item.

Of course there was always prayer:  Asking God for wisdom.

A promise from God:

James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯