Friday, July 24, 2015

Prayer answered ... but was that the way to go?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

A year go, I had to send my CD player off to be repaired under warranty.  When it was returned to me, I found it still skipped certain tracts from time to time as it had done before it was repaired.

Last week, I ran into this problem again.  And it had loud popping in addition to skipping.

I turned to God, and asked HIM to help me.  I didn't want to return it to the repair service in Austin, Texas, where they had repaired it before.  I wanted to send it to a service in NY.  It still has a month to go on warranty.

I called the support for the manufacturer and he agreed for me to send the unit to NY just as I had prayed.

I was so grateful to God.

I decided to call and speak with someone from technical at the support in the NY repair.  He was very willing to discuss the problem with me.  Early in the conversation he said, "You don't seem like the type of person who would mishandle a CD so we probably aren't looking at the CD being a damaged CD."

But after he said this, I began to wonder.  I put the CD under a very bright light and saw many scratches on the CD.

I decided to seriously examine the other CD's.  And I played many of the other CD's and there was no problem.  I think the problem very well might be the CD and not the CD player.  So I held off sending it.

But what about the prayer?

I didn't ask God what the problem was.  I just asked God to help the way to be cleared so I could send the CD player to the repair service in NY rather than returning it to repair service where it had been repaired before.  (Richard, the manufacturer representative, had told me he thought the NY service was their best repair service of the 5 areas in the USA.)

But as I made plans to pack the CD player to ship it to NY, I felt very uncomfortable.  I decided instead to test the other CD's on the unit.  I prayed, this time asking God to help me to see what to do.

So far, I haven't seen any problem with the CD player except on two CD's which have scratches.

As humans, we might be focused on the wrong thing ... but God helps us to see the right way to go in spite of ourselves.