Monday, March 23, 2015

Works of man

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

One day I went far to long without food and I realized I was very hungry.  I decided to go to the market near me rather than the discount market which would take more time.  My goal was to eat as quickly as possible.

Before leaving the house I set the oven to preheat so it would be ready immediately upon my return.  I was planning on buying a frozen pizza.

I got an excellent parking place at the market.  I got an electric cart for handicapped and went to the frozen foods.  I got one pizza.  I went to the check out counter.  The girl at the cash register rang up my item and said, "Do you play Monopoly?"  (Some type of game they offer since they charge more than the discount store and customers think they are getting some gift in return for their purchase.)

I replied:  "No ... I just want to pay for the food."

Then she said, "Do you want the coupons?"

I replied:  "No ..I just want to pay for the food."

Then she picked up a telephone receiver and called for take out service.

I said:  "I don't need take out service."

She picked up phone and cancelled take out, taking more time away from my goal which was to get out of the store, get home, cook the food as quickly as possible so I could eat.

I started to leave and a manager said, "I can get you take out.  Just a minute."

I replied:  "I don't need take out."  (I only had one pizza in my grocery cart.)

I drove on toward the door. 

Then some worker who does take out appeared in my path and said he would help me.

I replied:  "I don't need take out."  And I drove on toward the door.

Later I though of the many "good" works humans devise and how those works often hold up the person instead of helping the person.

==========

There is a Catholic woman who is full of what she thinks are good works.  Another woman had to go to hospital.  This woman said she really thought this trip to hospital would be her demise.  But it wasn't.  And when she returned home, this Catholic woman called her and asked her what kind of food she wanted her to bring to her.  Charlotte replied she didn't want any food and they didn't need any food.  (She has husband who is able bodied.)  The Catholic woman said, "That won't work."  Then the Catholic woman got the husband on phone and asked him and didn't get a suitable answer. 

The Catholic woman told me (with great pride in her accomplishment) that she went to discount store and bought many varieties of food and put these in a big box and took it to Charlotte & Gary.  Gary came to door and Catholic woman said, "Here ..." and handed Gary the box.  He replied:  "Oh my!"  Catholic woman was so proud when she told me of doing this.  What it amounts to is she took food to people who didn't need food and didn't want food.  That is the way of the works humans think to be good when those works are of the flesh of man.

 Proverbs 22:16 He that oppresseth the poor to increase his riches, and he that giveth to the rich, shall surely come to want.

Good works are those authored by the Spirit of God.  But the flesh of man loves to do good of himself.

Later God had me give the following message to this Catholic woman: 

"At some point you are going to see that you are going totally wrong way and when you see you will be ashamed."