Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Man who said, "Have a blessed day."

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

A man from the roofing company came to my house yesterday to try to find the place where my new roof is leaking.  As he got ready to leave, he said, "Have a blessed day."

I replied:  "I just recently looked up that word "blessed" and it means:  to be endowed with divine favor and protection."  (Basically this word applies to those persons born again who are blessed by God with the Holy Spirit.)

This man sort of froze ...

Then when he left he said, "Have a blessed day."  sort of like a parrot ... didn't seems to have any meaning nor power ...

Indiscriminate use of such words is probably a form of blasphemy.  These are words for the church and should be used for the church.  Such words are sacred and should not be made profane (worldly)  This man knew nothing at all about me when he said this.  I felt it was some form of "witness" he was trying to do.

I would never try to cast divine favor on a stranger who might be ungodly.

Neither would I say "have a good day" to a stranger, attaching myself to their works ... for the apostle John says ... 8Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.  9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: 11For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.  2 Jn


If I say "have a good day" to a stranger and that stranger is going out to commit fornication that night, I believe I will bless him in his evil deed and thereby be a partaker of his evil deed.

Certainly I would not say, "Have a blessed day to a stranger."

I believe people who do such things are practicing "religious" works without the Spirit of God.

==========

I told this story to Pam Padgett this afternoon and she was very upset about this man and indicated, "How dare this man think he has the power to call blessings upon anyone."  I think Pam is right. In the sports world I hear sports announcers speaking of jinxing someone.  They do this all the time when they tell of the good record of such & such a player only to have the next play go wrong.  The announcers frequently say they "jinxed" the player as if the announcer has the power in his words to actually do that.